Special Segment Talk! pt.2
Hello! Welcome back and for today's post, we will still be having the continuation for the interview with Kyra!
In our last interview, we've been talking the topics that seems serious for us, so for this time, we tried to tone down the overall topics so it'll still be meaningful, not only for the interviewee, but for you all readers as well, think of it as food for thoughts, and maybe if you're having your own answers, you can reply on the comment section below!
1. As a child, you might(or might not) have gone through a phase of being obsessed with dinosaurs or giant monsters, and if there's any, what is your most specific memory from that phase, and why did the obsession fade as you grew older?
Oh I was definitely obsessed. In fact, whilst other kids my age grew up playing with barbie dolls and transformer cars, my parents raised me playing dinosaur toys. From hand puppets, mechanical robots, mini figurines, and even video games. I absolutely idolized them. I guess growing up, I found other interests to obsess over. That said, I’ll still can’t help but feel a whip of excitement every time I see dinosaurs at the museums.
2. If you were given the privilege of keeping one prehistoric animal, nerfed to the size of a cat to keep you company during a mental breakdown, which animal would you choose and how would its presence help you?
One of my favourite choice has to be the Albertosaurus. I remember first reading about them in a science book, and then went on to playing them in a dinosaur-themed video game. They’re definitely more on niche side, but I cannot help but have a soft spot for them. Unlike their cousin the T-Rex, they were theorized to hunt in packs. Hence it would be nice to have a prehistoric animal that understood the concept of familial bond, while also having an entire army of them.
3. The myth that early humans coexisted and fought with dinosaurs is still believed by parts of the general public. if that absurd scenario were historically canon, would our ancestors just be their daily snacks, or would they manage to dominate the giant beasts using their intellect?
I believe humanity would find their footing. I think they would still most undoubtedly face a tyrannically-sized challenge, but I don’t doubt they will slowly find a way to adapt. Living on the higher tree tops where land predators cannot reach, and studying patterns taught down for generations. Would they fully dominate the food chain? A challenge, but not something impossible if given enough time and conditions.
4. Earth has gone like multiple mass extinctions, and every time an apocalypse happened, the ecosystem always successfully reset and gave birth to a new species. looking at that historical pattern, is extinction a natural tragedy to be mourned, or is it simply routine maintenance by the universe? like, some kind of great reset?
I would say it’s both. On one hand, the lost of any species will always be a loss to both science and the world itself, and minimizing it into a simple ‘maintenance’ feels greatly diminishing. However, it is also important to note that the evolution of life would not be the same without such natural extinction. Life never stagnates, and every species alive today is the result of a million years of history.
These 4 last questions wrapped up our first interview! We'll be back with more content like this later in the future. Also Kyra mentioned about this dinosaur called Albertosaurus, maybe we can talk about this giant on our next encounter! Oh ya, Kyra here is still opening her illustration commission service so make sure to check out her social media account at @papercats_art both on Twitter and Instagram and if you're interested, surely you can DM her to ask for the details as well!
Until then, stay healthy and hydrated and we'll se you on another chance! Thank you for reading!
Comments
Post a Comment